Studying the economic, political, and security dimensions of relations between and among Taiwan, the U.S. and mainland China.
The China Power Project examines relations between and among Taipei, Washington, and Beijing, with a particular focus on:
- U.S.-Taiwan political and security relations
- Cross-strait economic and political ties
- China’s growing regional influence
- Taiwan’s role in the global community
- The impact of leadership transitions in Taiwan, the U.S. and China on U.S.-China-Taiwan relations
In addition, the China Power Project leads an annual delegation of experts to Taiwan to meet with their counterparts and officials in Taipei, in an effort to better understand issues of mutual interest.